Are you a senior over the age of 55 and/or retired and looking to make a difference in your community? Apply to join our Retired & Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP)!
This program, funded by AmeriCorps, allows individuals to get involved in their community and empower others to be their best self.
- Must be 55 years of age or older
- Pass background check if working with children
- Live in Chicago or surrounding area
- Provide knowledge and experience to reach program goals
- Be respectful, energetic and have a positive attitude
- Experience tutoring and mentoring children ages 6-13
- Ability to learn new and exciting curriculum
- Ability to assist with virtual learning
- Commitment to serving community and youth
- Experience tutoring students in kindergarten through 8th grade
- Advocate on behalf of youth and provide academic support